Pneumonia is an acute disease that is usually caused by bacteria. This disease generally affects newborn babies and old people of more than 60 due to the weak immune system of their body.
In our lungs, there are bunches of little air sacs called alveoli. When our lungs are healthy or when we are not infected with any disease, these little air sacs filled with oxygen when we breathe. And from here, oxygen mix with our blood.
But when we get infected with acute diseases like Pneumonia, these alveoli ( little air sacs) get filled with liquid or pus. Due to this, the exchange of oxygen and carbon-dioxide gets stopped.
In this article, you will know about the causes, symptoms, prevention, and treatment of this disease. If you find anything that should also be included in this article, please definitely comment below which will help our readers during an emergency.
Causes of Pneumonia:
Pneumonia is caused by viruses, bacteria, and fungi also. This disease is caused by bacteria, If you have had flu or fever. This type of Pneumonia occurs in people who work in a crowd or gatherings.
If the infection is in the respiratory tract caused by a virus, then it may cause Pneumonia. Generally, flu or influenza viruses are the causes of Viral pneumonia. Some cases are so mild that the patient gets better in a few weeks without any treatment and some may be very serious in viral Pneumonia.
This disease is caused by fungus occurs in people whose immune system is weaker than normal. The weaker immune system is caused by HIV or some other long-lasting disease and medicines used in the treatment of these diseases.
Here are some common causes of Pneumonia:
- Consuming lots of alcohol and drugs
- Lots of smoking
- Other medical conditions
- Environmental problems like living in an industrial or very polluted area
- Not taking care of nourishment
- And many others.
symptoms and effect of Pneumonia
Symptoms of this disease may appear suddenly or take 24 to 45 hours. There are common and high-risk symptoms. Some common symptoms of pneumonia:
- High fever: Fever during pneumonia is common. The patient can have high fever.
- Headache: Headache is also a symptom that is found with other symptoms during pneumonia.
- Faster heartbeat: Heartbeat of the patient can be faster than normal.
- Feeling weak and unwell: Patient will feel uncomfortable and weakness.
- Breathing problem: The patient can have difficulty in breathing due to infection.
- Dry cough: The patient may have a dry cough, producing thick yellow or blood contained mucus.
- Pain in chest: The patient may feel some pain during breathing. Pain may be hard during coughing or sneezing.
- Shivering: The patient may shiever uncomfortably and sweat also.
Some high-risk symptoms :
- Lots of blood during coughing
- Pain in joints and muscles
Related: How to do pushups?
Prevention and treatment of pneumonia
Here are some factors which may help you to avoid pneumonia:
- Wash your hand regularly
- If you smoke a lot, just quit smoking
- Make your immune system more strong.
There are some vaccines also which allows you to prevent this disease. There are two types of vaccines that are recommended for people younger than 2 years and older than 65 years. Two types of vaccines are:
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV 13): This vaccine is recommended for children younger than 2 years or older. This vaccine can be given to people older than 2 years in the guideline of the doctors.
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23): The doctor recommends this vaccine to all the adults of 65 years or older than 65 years. People older than 19 years and under 65 years should take this vaccine in the guideline of doctors.
Pneumonia is a disease that affects our lungs. It can’t be cure with home remedies normally. You should consult with a doctor in every case of this disease. As there are many types of this disease, doctors will treat you according to symptoms and agents of infection like bacteria, fungi, or viruses.
If this disease is caused by bacteria, the doctor will prescribe you antibiotic medicines. Bacterial Pneumonia is generally treated at home and the patient gets healthy in just one to tp three days.
If pneumonia is caused by a virus then the doctor will prescribe you antiviral medicines. Viral pneumonia is cured in two or three weeks generally.
If you have any other disease with this disease, then you will be treated at hospital.
Hey friends, I have shared a lot of information with you about this disease. These pieces of information are just for your awareness and knowledge. If you have any problems or symptoms, just consult your doctor immediately.
If you have any related information about this article which should be included here and can help other people, please definitely comment in the ent box. Immediately share this article with your friends and loved ones who need this article. Thank you for spending your valuable time with us.
Always bringing content for you to help everytime you need: – Team HEALTHYSMILE